Unanswered Questions

 Today I'm sharing a poem I wrote. It's nothing deep. But I hope you like it, and let me know in the comments what you make of it. I never came up with a good enough title, so let's just make do with this.

Blogtober post 9:

I have always wanted more

More. 

Always more

I had truly wanted you to be enough

But for me, you never were enough

I tried to be satisfied, I tried to be real

I tried so hard, it almost was a skill

You were so good, the best I'd ever met

I just had to have you, I couldn't let you slip


But wait...

Is that how it should be?


They speak of this feeling that can't be expressed

They say it gives you shivers and butterflies in your belly

They speak of looks that heat you up and bodily contact that makes you burn

And they say it never goes away...


They say it's mutual, and you both just know it

They speak of imperfections that you decide to assume responsibility for, because of the person that you want

The also say that is patient and is kind

And is everything else listed in I Corinthians 13:4...

They say that it makes you a better person, brings out the best in you

They speak of sharing and unison and everything in between


But more importantly, they say you stop searching.

You stop searching and you are content because your heart is home


If all they say is true, then when why am I so unsure?

Why do I work for something that should come naturally?

Why do I seem to be getting better only at faking?


The uncertainty has been there since before the beginning

Because I couldn't really tell

Did I like you, really?

Or did I just like the idea of liking someone -anyone, and then you came along so conveniently?

Did I like you or did I like the thought of liking you?

Did I like you for you or did I like you for me?


Some say love is a conscious decision you make to stick with one person, no matter what.

But is that enough?


All I know is,

                         my heart isn't home.


Comments

  1. Somewhere deep inside we know we want more, but we settle.
    Love this piece. It resonates with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some hearts just never make it home...@PnD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'Nashing or Nah?

Attraction: Is it Enough?

Do I Really Know You?