'Nashing or Nah?

 

So... Y'all know there's no month like October, right? The best month of the year. If you disagree, well, soak the sky!

 I found from a fellow blogger, Dave that there's a blogging challenge 'Blogtober' where you have to put up something on your blog every single day in October. Basically, aims at encouraging bloggers to create content, I guess.

I haven't posted in a while (I know! You don’t have to remind me!) but I have written stuff that only a handful of people might have seen (some unseen because I wasn't sure of myself) so I thought to myself; oh wow, this really cool! Maybe this is the time to share all that I've been keeping to myself.

Heads up: there'll be a lot of short pieces...call them mini-poems if you like. For such posts, I'll try and maybe give a little background, what brought those thoughts about (if I remember)

If anyone thinks I should definitely work on it some more, feel free to let me know; I'd totally consider it. If anyone thinks they want to collaborate with me on anything, hey, I’m all for it! Let's create magic together.

So here I am, two days late but I'll make up for it. 31 posts in October.

Okay, on that note, post number 1. Leggo!

October 3rd. International Boyfriend’s Day.

By this time you’ve heard all the ruckus about it from your friends, on social media or maybe even your partner. So what do know about it, aside the fact that it’s today?

Well, according to nationalday.com



International Boyfriend’s day can be traced back as far as 2014, although it became really popular in 2016. Who started it? I don’t know; it was generated on social media probably by someone who felt; hey girlfriends have their day, boyfriends should have theirs, too. Not a bad idea, right?

But International Girlfriends Day which is celebrated on August 1st originated as a day for girls to hang out with their squads; more like a bonding thing between girls. It was launched as a promotional tool for a book by Kathleen Laing and Elizabeth Butterfield titled “Girlfriends Getaway,” which was published back in 2002.  Then male friends and boyfriends got involved, trying to make their female friends and girlfriends feel special and appreciated on the day.

So the day is essentially for letting your boyfriend or/and male friends know how important they are to you and how much you value them. I definitely think a girl who was really spoiled by her boyfriend was the one who came up with Boyfriends Day to reciprocate.

 

Personally, I didn’t see anyone I know post their boyfriend. It was more of trolling on twitter, Facebook and WhatsApp. So are all the ladies I know single? I don’t know. Did they just not take it seriously? Possibly; a lot of guys take these things with a pinch of salt. But we know what would have gone down if the tables were turned. Or wait, do they have multiple boyfriends so they couldn’t post just one? Also a possibility…

Anyway, guys, did you get posted by any lady today or did someone wish you a happy Boyfriend’s Day? Was it your girlfriend, crush or just a friend? And ladies, did you post anyone today? Boyfriend? A really cool dude that you friend-zoned? Or maybe you’re trying to get the attention of your crush subtly?

Well, if you haven’t posted yet, you still got a couple of hours.

Happy Boyfriends Day, guys. Some of you are evil but we love you anyways.

 

 

Comments

  1. This is why we enjoy reading your content. You just know how to keep your readers glued to the screen.
    Me mmom dier the Boyfriend's day nobody posted me😟......but I have a feeling that children's day someone will post me.....God no go shame us!
    Thanks for this wonderful piece....can't wait for moreπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave! But please children's day di3r why? πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

      Delete
    2. 😒😒 that's the only day left in 2020

      Delete
  2. Oh nice nice 😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peekay, but you didn't say; did you 'nash or nah? We wanna know πŸ˜„

      Delete
  3. Lovely as always bae... the pics thoughπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, darling.

      I once heard someone say that men are born liars and women are skillful liars πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

      Delete
  4. hahaha that's a good piece. Me bet sika n'ashi, no one posted me, FPL nso 12pts p3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Charley! I feel for you, bro. E check 2020 ankasa e no be wona year

      Delete
  5. πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha
    No one even sent me a message πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ow sorry! Belated Happy Boyfriend's Day, boo. You are appreciated wai❤️❤️

      Delete
    2. Thank you 😊😊😊

      Delete
  7. 🀣🀣🀣 I love this.
    Glad to have you back, Ms. Phoebe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankssss, Carl! You did say though, did you 'nash or nah?

      Delete
    2. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
      Sorry, darl. Belated Boyfriend's day to you😘

      Delete
  8. 😘😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great piece. The Sampson shot thoughπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I mention that Delilah is my middle name?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodnessπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Nice piece and the pictures attached are just funny🀣🀣🀣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photos, I know right! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
      Thankssss

      Delete
  11. Herhhh!!! You've really made ma day oo..lol. nyc piece, Efe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 😍😍loved it as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why didn't you post me 😒

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ei please ohπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
      Belated happy boyfriends' Day wai

      Delete
  14. wow!
    I can't remember the last time I laughed out loud at a blog post.
    Almost like having a conversation with a friend...

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Attraction: Is it Enough?

Do I Really Know You?