Surreptitious Killer - 3

It's been a while but I  just need to finish with this series. And pardon my pidgin. A girl had to try.

3. Offering time at church. People file to drop offering amidst dancing.
Kofi: Charley, that Theresa in sisto make fine waa.
Ken: Oh yeah, but make you forget am.
Kofi: Ah why, your eyes dey inside? Hw3, she be Opare in girl. You make late.
Ken: Rydee wey she come? You dey loi
Kofi: Adey loi for where? Biz am.
Ken: Ah be sure?
Kofi: Make you biz am erh.
Ken goes silent for a while.
Ken: Na that Megan girl, ibi so she dey? (Musing)
Kofi: Why, what e do?
Ken Looks at his friend for a while and shakes his head, as though deciding whether to tell him.
Kofi looks at his friend pointedly, waiting for an answer.
Ken: She come ma der last Friday.
Kofi: What e come do?
Ken: E come dey watch movies
Kofi: What you do?
Ken: Anor do anything
Kofi: Okay, what the two of you do?
Keeps mute for a while.
Ken: She be ma old girl oh.
Kofi: For real? (Eyes bulging)
Ken: We dey like a year wey she go school. We never really broke up. So when e come ma der, na I think say-
Kofi: You think say what? I say what the two of you do?
Ken: When you know say Opare den Megan start dey date?
Kofi: Like two weeks now. Now answer me.
Ken: (standing up) I dey go search Opare.
Et cetera, et cetera

Comments

  1. Very Interesting..... Pidgin on point.
    Well done Pheebs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gh pidgin to the world... Very much on point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Like I said, a girl had try. Especially simcs I can't speak it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'Nashing or Nah?

Attraction: Is it Enough?

Do I Really Know You?