The World is Mine



As I sat in the bus today
I saw a girl with golden hair
I sighed and wished I were as fair
Then I saw her hobble down the stairs to leave
Oh God, forgive me when I whine
I have two legs; the world is mine

In town I entered a shop to buy some candy
The guy who sold them had such charm
It didn’t hurt to chat a little
When I turned to leave I heard him say
It was nice to speak to someone like you. You see, I’m blind
Oh God, forgive me when I whine
I have two eyes; the world is mine

Down the road I saw a group of boys playing soccer
And a boy, he stood aside with eyes so blue
Little boy, I asked. Don’t you want to play too?
He glanced at me and turned away, looking unseeingly into space
Then I realized he was deaf; he couldn’t hear me
Oh God, forgive me when I whine
I have two ears; the world is mine

By the road sat a man, designer shirt and Italian shoes,
Feet dangling in the gutter, scratching his head
Writing in the sand murmuring to himself.
It wasn’t difficult to conclude;
He had just gone mad
Oh God, forgive when I whine
I have a great mind, the world is mine

Walking through the slum,
Merrymaking at this house like there was no tomorrow
There lay a man on a mat,
His family around him, and a nurse too
They were trying to feed him through a tube
Oh God forgive me when I whine
I have a mouth I put to use; the world is mine.

Passing by a pub I heard a melodious voice
Singing so sweet a song, I couldn’t resist popping in
There she was, entertaining with pleasure
The girl who sang had no arms
Oh God, forgive me when I whine
I have two arms the world is mine

With legs to take me where I go
Eyes to see what I can see
Ears to hear what I can hear
A mind to think what I can think
A mouth to eat and speak my mind
And arms  to help write what I write
I’m blessed indeed, the world is mine.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'Nashing or Nah?

Attraction: Is it Enough?

Do I Really Know You?