Surreptitious Killer - 2

2. WhatsApp Chat
Ann: Girl, did you hear?
Aba: What?
Ann: Sister Kate was just delivered of a bouncy baby boy.
Aba: Who is Kate?
Ann: This really smallish lady in our church. She's on the evangelism team
Aba: No face is coming to mind oh.
Forwards a photo of Sister Kate
Aba: Oh okay! This nice sister. And you said she what?
Ann: She just had a baby
Aba: Ah, but when was she pregnant? I never noticed.
Ann: As for you, you just walk this church for nothing. You're the only person who didn't know.
Aba: Ei! How long have you known?
Ann: Oh, from the start. You know I have an eye for detail. Nothing passes me by.
Aba: Yeah, and a nose for fishing.
Ann: Whatever. That's not even the best part...
Aba: There's more?
Ann: The father of the baby is also in the church!
Aba: You can't be serious.
Ann: Guess who it is.
Aba: Well, if I must, I'll say it's that drummer, King. They're always together.
Ann: Oh, so you really are in this church after all.
Aba: He's the one?
Ann: No, but you're close.
Aba: Close how? The guitarist?
Ann: Lol no. His brother.
Aba: The brother of the guitarist?
Ann: No, silly. The brother of King. He's a Sunday school teacher.
Aba: Oh no, that cute guy! I had a crush on him.
Ann: Well, then you know he's taken now. King was barely doing the oversight role.
Aba: I see... But how do you even know this?
Ann: You know me. I keep my ears to the ground.
Aba: Yes, and your mouth right next to it.
Ann: Hey, watch it.
Aba: Sorry. Are they gonna get married?
Ann: After you just insulted me I think I'm just gonna withhold that information a while longer.
Aba: So you know that as well. What don't you know in this church? 
et cetera, et cetera


To be continued...

Photo credit: psmag.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Nashing or Nah?

Attraction: Is it Enough?

Do I Really Know You?