Surreptitious Killer - 5

5. When Women's Fellowship meeting just ended.
Auntie Akua: Oh sisters, have you heard about what Sister Betty is going through right now? She's battling leukemia, it's the reason she was on admission a while back and why she's not been coming to church of late.
Auntie Yaa: Ow! (Covering her mouth)
Auntie Mercy: Oh that's sad...
Auntie Akua: Yes oh. She's coming through chemo right now and you should see her. All her hair is off. She's really reduced in weight.
Auntie Rose: Hmm. Why do bad stuff always happen to good people?
Auntie Akua: Hmm. Please let's remember her in our prayers.
The next day, Pastor goes to visit sister Betty...
Betty: Pastor, thanks for stopping by.
Pastor: Oh, don't mention. (Pauses.) How are you doing?
Betty: By God's grace, we're alive. We can't complain.
Pastor: Indeed. We give glory to God. (Another pause)The other day I overheard Akua telling three others that you had cancer. 
Betty: What? (In surprise)
Pastor: She said you had leukemia and had already started chemotherapy.
Just nods her head resignedly, wondering how Akua came by that information.
Pastor: I know you're not well, but you don't have to give me any details. I'll stand with you in prayer, anyway. But I thought you should know what's going on out there.
Betty: (nodding) Thank you, Pastor. I really appreciate it.
Two days after that. Auntie Akua goes to visit sick Sister Betty at her home.
Akua: Sister Betty, how are you doing?
Betty: I'm doing well by God's grace.
Akua: We thank the good Lord. Everyone is worried about you.
Betty: (in her head) they would be after what you told them.
Akua: But what exactly did the doctors say is the problem?
What would you say if you were Betty?

Comments

  1. They said I should be careful of my 'friends'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “They said I should find out from you cos they already told you.”

    But lowkey, the pastor sold out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😂😂 that works too!
      Well, Idk about the pastor. Maybe that was his way of teaching a few lessons...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'Nashing or Nah?

Attraction: Is it Enough?

Do I Really Know You?