Silent Actions, Louder Words

Forgive me if I can't talk
Forgive me if I don't ask
Forgive me if I just watch
But it doesn't mean I don't care.

Maybe I want you to be open first
Maybe I don't know what to say
Maybe I don't want to pry
But I assure you, I do care

It may look like I've set barriers
Aren't there boundaries to everything?
I just don't want to push my luck with you.
If this is wrong please forgive me.

I'm sorry I'm overly cautious because I don't want anyone to get hurt.
I'm sorry I can't express myself so well to you
And I'm sorry, oh so sorry! That the boundaries I unconsciously create sort of push you away.

I know I'd sound more convincing if it showed in my actions,  cos I say one thing and do another,
I know there's only so much you can take before you decide to let go
But my fears are real.
Well, mixed with a bit of ego.

How do I know you won't reject me?       How do I know I won't regret telling you? How do I know, how do I know? 

The doubts... Always overshadowing the possibilities.

But underneath all that face, I care.
So much more than I would like and so much more than you can imagine.
And if you really think about it, you'd realize that I betray myself in little actions, maybe not too obvious.
Like how I can't keep my eyes of you
Like the silly excuses I make to talk to you
Like the disappointment I know shows in my eyes when another girl draws close to you, even though I smile.

Subtle they may be, but present they are. At least let this count.

Let this be our little secret 

And let my written words speak louder than my quieter actions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Nashing or Nah?

Attraction: Is it Enough?

Do I Really Know You?