The Practical Lesson

So I lay down and it's you that's on my mind
You and what we had, shared
You touching me, holding me...

As I lay on your chest the first time,
your arm around me
All I can think of is what just happened
What just happened?

You just happened
We just happened
You, on me, in me, around me, filling me, over and over
In more ways than one
All at once
A memory imprinted in my mind forever

Did I ever mention I love the way you say my name when you-oh!
Can't tell nobody that
Your lazy smile when you wake up the morning after, that kills me
And you tell me how beautiful I look from sleep, that makes me melt
Fresh in my mind like today

It's only for a short while; I know that, yes
The way you make me feel makes me think it is worth it
Whispers in my ears as clothes come off
Whispers that get me shivering with excitement of the things you're gonna do to me....

Just then your hands begin to move over my back
I look up to meet that scintillating early morning smile.
It doesn't take long before I'm on my back and you,
You are on me, in me, around me, filling me, over and over
In more ways than one
All at once

And your lips, oh, those lips
Good at giving more than just a smile,
drawing out the all that's hidden that my lips will never willingly tell

And when we part this what you have to say, along with a hug and a kiss that makes me tremble and makes me not wanna let go:
'Thanks, babe. I had a great time'
As if and just treated you to a great movie and pop corn.

The itch of tears on the bridge of my nose make me realize I'm crying, bringing me out of past into the present.
Anyway, where was I?

Yes, a good lunch and a pleasant afternoon
That was all it was to you
And not the giving and sharing of our bodies
Oh yes, there was a sharing alright;
I shared mine
And there was a giving too;
I gave mine

It took me a while
But I finally caught on
No more texts, no more calls,
No answers when I call
Didn't wanna believe it but there it was, right in front of me
In plain view hidden from sight

Now, I'm not gonna hold on;
I'm a big girl
I played my stupidity part to the hilt
The reason you get to walk away free
Is that you opened my eyes and made me wise
And despite the hurt
My momma taught me
to be grateful and that's what I'll be

So thanks for the practical lesson
I always found it more enlightening than the theory
And as much as I hate to admit
My momma IS right
You learn best after you've tried it first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Nashing or Nah?

Attraction: Is it Enough?

Do I Really Know You?